- Provides support, guidance and direction to seniors
- Communicates with families of seniors who need assistance
- Assists in filling out various insurance forms
- Arranges fall yard clean up by volunteers
- Helps in finding hearing aids and eyeglasses at little or no cost (REFERRAL TO LOCAL LIONS CLUB)
- Helps with Senior assisted living and Senior housing situations
- Plans exciting monthly outings and events
The Senior Advocate will assist in applying for Benefits Access to receive two discounts, on one license plate sticker per year, and a free transit pass (optional). To be determined eligible for these benefits, you must submit a Benefit Access Application online. Paper applications are no longer an option.
SENIOR TRIPS AND SPECIAL EVENTS
Please RSVP at the earliest opportunity, or event could be cancelled due to insufficient number of participants.
Transportation needs: Please call Senior Transportation Dept. at 847-526-8688
Wauconda Township Active Adult Activities
WEEKLY DROP IN EVENTS
CARDS AND GAME PLAYERS CLUB
FREE- Every Thursday 12:30-3:30 p.m. Pinochle, Canasta, Golf, Dominoes, Sequence or a game of your choice to teach the group! Join this fun loving club when you can, bring your own drink and share snacks. Lots of laughs each week at the Wauconda Township Hall. Need a ride? Call Senior Transportation at 847-526-8688.
The easy to follow program that let’s you move to the beat at your own speed. Every Monday from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at the Wauconda Township Hall. A nominal fee of $5.00 per class per person.