The Township Supervisor serves as Chief Executive Officer of the Township. The Supervisor’s duties and responsibilities include serving as chairman of the Township Board of Trustees, supervisor of the general assistance program, and treasurer of all town funds including general assistance, cemetery funds, and road and bridge funds.
Unlike a mayor or village board president, the Supervisor may vote on all matters before the Town Board. Generally speaking, other chief executive government officers may vote only to break a tie. In this regard the Supervisor serves as a Trustee and may make or second motions, participate in all legislative discussion and should exercise voting power on all issues before the Board.
The Supervisor maintains sole jurisdiction over the general assistance office. In administering general assistance programs, the Supervisor adheres to standards approved by the Illinois Department of Human Services.
Temporary Disabled Parking Placards are available at the Township
Office with the proper forms from your doctor. Permanent Placards must be obtained from the Secretary of State’s of State’s Office. The proper forms can be faxed from the Township office. The Placard will be mailed directly to the Applicant.
LIHEAP: LOW INCOME ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM – No funding is available at this time.
This program helps residents pay their gas and electric bills, providing federal guidelines are met. This program is designed for seniors, disabled, and low income families. Applications will be available the beginning of October. For further information, call Melissa Garcia at (847) 526-2653. For more information please click on the following: Documents required
WAUCONDA/ISLAND LAKE FOOD PANTRY
The Wauconda/Island Lake Food Pantry continues to serve our residents. Donations of nonperishable food items, paper products, and/or cash donation are always welcome. For further information, call Melissa Garcia at (847) 526-2653.
Through our once a year grant awards program we honor the non-for profit agencies listed below. These agencies assist Township residents in their time of need. Many offer reduced prices or even free to our residents. You may always contact any of them directly. Partnership not only increase our services but very cost effective.
- Erie Family Health-Provides medical, oral and behavior health services. 312-666-3794
- Family Services-Counseling services. 847-432-4981
- PADS Homeless Shelter-Permanent supportive housing services. 847-689-4357
- St. Vincent DePaul-Utility bills and shelter. 847-526-2400
- NICASA and NICASA Teen Court-Behavioral and social health counseling and addictions. 847-546-6450
- NISRA (Northern Illinois Special Recreation Association)-Programs for people with disabilities. 815-459-0737
- Zacharias Sex Abuse Center-Provides sexual assault counseling, advocacy, and prevention education. 847-244-1187
- Journey Care Foundation– 224-770-2420
- Little City Foundation (Countryside)-Autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities. 847-221-7814
- A Safe Place-Victims and domestic violence & their children. 847-731-7165
- Lake County Extension Foundation Inc.-Supports agriculture and environment/programs. 847-223-8627
Stephanie Maioriello, Administrator
Melissa Garcia, General Assistance Caseworker
Lisa Knight, Senior Advocate 847-526-1800
Lupe Magallanes, Receptionist