Welcome to Wauconda Township’s website. This is one of the many informational tools that we provide for you. So browse through our website to become familiar with the services Wauconda Township has to offer.
The mission of Wauconda Township is to provide services, information and resources to assist and benefit our residents.
By law, Wauconda Township is charged with three basic functions:
- General Assistance for the indigent, which provides food, shelter and emergency relief for needy people who are residents of Wauconda Township.
- Assessment of real property for the basis of local taxation.
- Maintenance of all roads that are not part of another governmental road system.
Wauconda Township was established in 1850 and we are the closest form of government to the people. The township is one of 18 townships in Lake County, IL. The population of the township is 21,730 consisting of portions of the Villages Island Lake, Lake Barrington, Lakemoor, Port Barrington, Volo, Wauconda and areas of Unincorporated Lake County. The township covers 24.25 sq. miles of land, our Highway Department maintains 32 miles of roads and we assess 11,297 parcels of property. We also maintain 3 historical cemeteries within the township and partnered with the Wauconda Historical Society to assist and maintain the Cook House Historical/Museum.
Wauconda Township also takes a lead role in providing services to our senior population through our Senior Advocate position and Senior Transportation.
Wauconda Township hired Clarke Environmental Mosquito Management Company, to spray for mosquitos (larval control) in the Township neighborhoods. If you have any questions or concerns you may call them directly at 800-323-5727 or you may visit their website at www.clarke.com
Hours: 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Scott Weisbruch, Highway Commissioner
Hours: 8:00 am-4:30pm
- Kevin McKernan – email@example.com
- Sheryl Ringel – mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robin Lindberg – mailto:email@example.com
- Steve Stiller – mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org